A cropped image of two women facing the camera. One is blond haired and wearing black rimmed glasses, the other women has brown short hair.

Respite Care

Do you need a break from the responsibility of looking after someone?

If you care for someone who is aged 65 years (50 if Aboriginal)  or over, or receives support through the Dept. of Veterans’ Affairs, we offer respite services to help you manage your own health and well-being.

This support is available in the region on a one-to-one basis in your home, in the home of the Community Support Worker providing respite care, or in the community. We work with you, and the person you care for, to provide the most appropriate type of care based on your needs.

We also have various social groups that meet regularly across the region.

Where is it available?

Murray River, Edward River, Berrigan and Murrumbidgee Local Government Areas.

Is there a cost?

There is no cost to access this general advice and support.

There may be some costs involved in other supports put in place, depending on your needs and the person you are caring for. We discuss and agree upon this before support is provided

Toll free 1300 488 226

If you are deaf, or have a hearing impairment or speech impairment, contact us through the National Relay Service:

TTY users
Phone 133 677 then ask for 1300 488 226
Speak and Listen users
Phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 1300 488 226
SMS relay users
SMS 0423 677 767
Need an interpreter?
Phone 131 450 then ask for 1300 488 226


< Return
Skip to content