Announcements - March 24, 2020
Offices closed due to COVID-19 precaution
Most Intereach offices are closed to the public from today (March 24) as the organisation continues taking proactive steps to help prevent the risk of COVID-19 infection to its staff, participants, volunteers and communities.
The only exception is the Intereach Corowa office, which will be open from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, offering Centrelink services only.
All Intereach offices are still available via telephone on 1300 488 226 during office hours (9am-5pm, Monday to Friday).
Intereach CEO Keryn Fox said the organisation made the decision to close these offices in the best interests of their staff and communities, and in line with advice provided by government and health department officials.
We will still be available via telephone, we’re simply reducing the amount of face-to-face contact we have with people, which is part of the wider community response to this pandemic.”
“At this stage all of our offices except Corowa will be closed to the public until the end of April, however this direction is somewhat fluid and may be adjusted according to the advice we’re receiving.
“We’re encouraging phone meetings be undertaken with our participants/clients whenever possible. Face-to-face meetings can only proceed in circumstances where phone servicing is not an option.”
Ms Fox said Intereach had implemented the following:
- Offices closed to the public until the end of April (except Corowa office).
- Staff are encouraged to work from home where possible.
- Most participant meetings will be conducted over the phone with the NDIS Local Area Coordinator or Early Childhood Early Intervention Coordinator.
- Intereach recognises that some programs such as Community Transport, Community Support and Children’s Services have unique needs and considerations. The executive will work closely with these programs to ensure reasonable and appropriate action is being taken.
- The Intereach strategy is aimed at reducing staff numbers in its 16 offices at any one point in time, but is not an exclusion strategy.
Ms Fox said an action plan for self-isolation has been prepared, however it too is somewhat fluid and will be adjusted according to the advice provided by government and health officials.
Intereach has also advised staff that all non-essential travel must be cancelled.
Ms Fox said Intereach, as a major community service provider, was acutely aware of the need to be proactive during these difficult times.
“We realise this isn’t ideal (closing our offices) but I’d still encourage our clients/participants and communities to stay in contact with us. The doors are shut but the phones are on and we’re still here to help.”
Anyone showing symptoms of Coronavirus – such as coughing, fever, flu-like symptoms – should call the Central Patient COVID-19 Triage Hotline on 1800 020 080.
Anyone with queries about our COVID-19 response, or any other Intereach matter, can phone 1300 488 226.