No Interest Loan Scheme loans can be used for the purchase of essential goods and services up to $2000, or up to $3000 for housing related expenses such as bond or rent in advance, or for recovery from a natural disaster. Repayments are set at an affordable amount over 12 to 18 months.
An Intereach staff member will meet with you to explain the process and gather the information required. It is then submitted for assessment. Intereach delivers NILS loans in partnership with Good Shepherd Microfinance.
Frequently asked questions
Borrow up to $2000 for essentials such as appliances or furniture, to help you get your car back on the road, pay for education fees and equipment or help you cover the cost of goods and services to support your wellbeing.
Borrow up to $3000 for housing related expenses such as bond or rent in advance, or for recovery from a natural disaster.
Borrow up to $2000 for essential goods and services including:
- Household items like appliances, whitegoods & furniture
- Car repairs & registration
- Medical, dental, wellbeing and life event expenses
- Technology like a phone or laptop
- Education expenses like fees or uniforms
- Employment expenses like licenses or equipment
Borrow up to $3000 for:
- Bond & rent in advance
- Costs associated with a natural disaster
To be eligible, you must:
- Earn less than $70,000 annual income (before tax) as a single person or $100,000 annual income (before tax) if you have a partner or children; OR
- Have experienced family or domestic violence in the last 10 years; OR
- Have a Health Care Card / Pension Card; AND
- You can show you can afford to repay the loan
Loans are interest free, have no application fee and repayment plans are agreed upon to suit your circumstances. The repayments are deducted from your Centrelink benefit through the Centrepay system.