Announcements - April 8, 2020
Intereach Easter arrangements
Community service provider Intereach has advised of its operations over the Easter period.
General Manager – Operations Sam Hall said the Intereach offices continue to be closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, however its services are still available. Many staff are working from home.
Mr Hall said from 5pm this Thursday April 9, until 9am on Tuesday April 14, all Intereach staff will be on the Easter break.
Outside this period Intereach will continue with the arrangements that have been put in place for the duration of the pandemic. These have been designed to help prevent the risk of COVID-19 infection to its staff, participants and communities.
Intereach has 16 offices and nearly 400 staff across a footprint that covers northern and central Victoria, the Mallee and the Riverina region of NSW.
Until further notice the following applies:
- The Intereach Work From Home plan has been implemented for the majority of staff.
- Most participant meetings are conducted over the phone with the NDIS Local Area Coordinator or Early Childhood Early Intervention Coordinator.
- Family Day Care and Vacation Care services are continuing to operate in line with Department of Education strategies.
- Intereach recognises that some programs such as Community Transport, Aged Care Services, and Children’s Services have unique needs and considerations. The executive continues to work closely with these programs to ensure reasonable and appropriate action is being taken.
- The Intereach strategy is aimed at reducing numbers in its 16 offices at any one point in time, but is not an exclusion strategy.
Mr Hall said the community was responding in a positive way to the pandemic, both in terms of using Intereach services and in general protecting fellow citizens.
“It is a particularly difficult time for many of our clients and participants and we remain acutely aware of their special needs.
“It is heartening to see the way in which everyone is banding together at this challenging time to overcome the pandemic,"
- Mr Hall
He added Intereach supports the Government directive that encourages people not to travel over Easter, and encourages everyone to continue the good work that is being done with social distancing.
“We’d also like to wish everyone a safe and happy Easter despite the obvious challenges at this time.”
Anyone with queries about the COVID-19 response, or any other Intereach matter, can phone 1300 488 226 between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).
Intereach support and assistance is offered across community services, children and families, older people, people living with disability, mental health and carers. More information is available at www.intereach.com.au